Thursday, January 04, 2007

The madness of Les Georges

Like Duchess Says, Les Georges Leningrad made a somewhat confounding first impression the first time I saw them, opening for Sonic Youth at the old Capital Music Hall. They sounded a heap tighter this time around, largely because of Bobo's powerhouse drumming. On the downside, this was also the most frustrating show I've been to photography wise. I missed half a dozen great shots because my flash was in mid-recharge or my camera's focus wouldn't work.

Poney P shouts, Bobo Boutin synths.



Clapping action from guitarist and drum machine wrangler Mingo L'Indien.



Faceoff action!



Bob models the bats, boots 'n' bling look.



She's ready for her closeup.



Braaaaaaaains ...



I have no idea what's going on, and I don't think Poney does either.



Bare-chested encore action!



Fear the wrath of Bobo!



Anyone have a broom?



"So, what happened here?" I heard Mike Dubue ask soundman Justin.

No comments: