Sunday, April 22, 2007

Rainy day music

After seeing Harvee and Sadie Hell I popped over to The Rainbow to see what I might see: In this case it was Ragni, a St. Catherines outfit centred on Brenden Fletcher and Jakub Zapotoczny. For their show at The Rainbow they were aided by guitarist Harley Card and drummer Nick Tripe. I can't say much else based on the three songs I stuck around for, though I did note their atmospheric debut EP has about the spiffiest packaging I've seen short of a mint copy of Ogden's Nut Gone Flake.



Jakub.



Brenden.



Guitarist Harley.



Drummer Nick Tripe.









"We've been to Ottawa once before ... it was raining that time too," one of them observed. I was feeling a bit soggy myself, so I decided to head home to someplace warm and dry.
  • Show reminder: People For Audio, Acres and City Of A Hundred Spires perform at Zaphod Beeblebrox. The Record and CD Convention gets together at St. Anthony's Hall.