Monday, April 09, 2007

Making tracks

I've been scratching my head for the last 24 hours trying to think of who Golden Bulldozer remind me of. As I was cycling home at midnight it hit me that vocalist Ryan Greenacresounded a bit like The Screaming Trees' Mark Lanegan. Then I threw on Sweet Oblivion and decided even "a bit" wasn't right; Lanegan is far huskier. However, there are some sonic similarities to the whole Seattle sound and the comparison isn't miles away. There may - I emphasize may - have been a lineup change in the past year. I await clarification in the matter ...

New drummer? Honestly, I can't tell. (EDIT: It is - James Diak is his name).



I do remember guitarist Allan Bradley ... and his relatively small amp.



I'm not sure if this is Jay Schiller with a haircut or not (EDIT: It is).



Ar least I can be certain this is Ryan Greenacre.



There was some serious string breakage going on.



The view from stage left.



Bulldozer action!





A successfully executed but unsuccessfully captured rock jump.



The whole lot!





Regardless of who they sound like, it was a good show.

No comments: