Friday, July 11, 2008

On a wire

After leaving Bluesfest I made a quick stop at home to drop off my telephoto and get my 14-45mm lens, then headed down to the Bytown Tavern for the Rock'n'Roll Pizza Party. It wasn't long before the first combo - London, Ontario's Stiff Wires - hit the stage.


Stiff Wires, Bytown Tavern, July 10, 2008

They're a shouty young quintet in the vein of such Canuck Punk combos as The Ugly who introduced themselves as "... usually fucked up.". They did a cover of The Forgotten Rebels' Surfin' on Heroin.


The Creeps, Bytown Tavern, July 10, 2008

Next up, The Creeps. They played a set at scorching speed including one so new it isn't on their new, widely acclaimed CD.


The Jolts, Bytown Tavern, July 10, 2008

The Jolts finished things off with a hard-rocking set ... I see a Turbonegro T-shirt and Hellacopters patch on lead singer and guitarist Joey Blitzkreig, and remember thinking that they reminded me of another V-town outfit, The Spitfires. Now I see they cite them as an influence on their Myspace page.

No comments: