Saturday, August 05, 2006

The Wolves of August

Wolf Parade are that other widely praised Montreal indie rock outfit. I quite enjoyed their Apologies to the Queen Mary myself, so I snapped up a ticket to the band's Barrymore's show several weeks ago. I was also keen to see Frog Eyes (who put on a good show opening for Destroyer at Babylon way back in 2004) , and since Holy Fuck were also on the bill, so much the better.

Holy Fuck's Barrymore's set was even better than the one at Bluesfest. No doubt playing in an air-conditioned club was a tad easier as well. They also had Glenn Milchem on drums this time.



Frog Eyes - I liked them at Babylon; this time they were killer.



Wolf Parade were also very good, a tight set despite some technical difficulties.



And the crowd went wild!

No comments: