Sunday, August 13, 2006

The family that plays together

I saw Luke Doucet perform at Zaphod's a few years ago. I have a vivid memory of the lighting casting his sharply defined silhouette on the wall as he played. His music is supposed to be more country-style these days, but I still think of him as a songwriter in the mould of Jeff Buckley.



Singer Melissa McClelland was also there to sing and play guitar - she and Luke had been married for a little less than three weeks when this photo was taken.



Bassist John Dinsmore (I think ...).



Also on stage for a couple of songs was Doucet's daughter Chloe, who has a remarkable voice for her age, or indeed any age.



Married action!



Unrelated action!



I really enjoyed this performance at the time ... can't say I remember much now, but it's going on a month now, so that doesn't mean much.

No comments: