Thursday, June 19, 2008

Liquid all around

All right, who decided we were going to do April over again? I feel like there's been a rain cloud on my heels everywhere I've gone in the past two weeks. Harrumph! At least that meant things were a little cooler inside Zaphod's, which has also brought in a couple of very large fans to improve the air circulation. As for the music, it started with an excellent set from The Bella Bombs. The band was on hiatus briefly while e-bomb had a baby, but haven't slowed down since I last caught them at Babylon in October 2007.

E-bomb and Honey Bomb.


The Bella Bombs, Zaphod Beeblebrox, June 18, 2008

The Oholics then played a cool set of Stones-influenced retro-rock. They cop to a Madchester influence on their website, and I can definitely hear some Stone Roses and Happy Mondays in their music. Their solid rhythm section gives them a real boost. They also reminded me of Singapore Sling. Unfortunately their sitar player's sound didn't come through very well - it sounded quite plunky and scratchy.


Oholics, Zaphod Beeblebrox, June 18, 2008

At least they got a good and enthusiastic crowd for a damp Wednesday.

No comments: