Tuesday, December 25, 2007

White noise

Here's some more musical history ... dating back to Wilco's performance at the Capital Music Hall, August 4, 2004. These pictures have been floating around for so long there aren't any large versions. When Wilco's opening act came on, the first thing I thought was "This guy sounds a lot like Jim White." With good reason, since as it turned out it was Jim White. I've always liked the bug-eyed Americana of Wrong-Eyed Jesus; his other stuff isn't quite as good - still praiseworthy, though.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

The lanky keyboardist.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Some second and third wind.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I thought I grabbed a picture of his bassist, but I'm afraid this is as much of him as you're going to see ...



It was a pretty good show, if not as amazing as Wilco's set.

No comments: