Sunday, March 13, 2005

Rolling!

Roll Gypsy Roll are a newish Ottawa rock'n'roll band with a jittery funk sound. I recognize the drummer from Gay As The Day As Long, the others are new faces to me. Thus, I'll be using their embarrassing Guillotine names.

Speaking of whom ...

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Guitarist Spencer Von Apple Fritta and singer Billy Guillotine. It takes a brave man to wear a hat like that.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I'd be hitting the bottle too, if I'd known Seiji Tan CrochRott was about to launch into a cover of Loverboy's Working for the Weekend.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

All together, now!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

They were opening for Shikasta, along with the Psycho Riders, a.k.a. Melbourne, at Maverick's March 12. I'm guessing the name is not a Lynyrd Skynyrd reference.

No comments: