Friday, March 25, 2005

Everything is long

The Long Timers are veterans local rockers with many hours logged in such units as The Dead City Rebels, Phantom Shifters, Fortunate Sons, Four Frames et al. I first saw them at Zaphod's. I can't remember who else was on the bill ... The Banditas, possibly? I arrived late and missed them, so it matters not.

Greg Kerr on the Les Paul.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Justin on guitar and singing ... this picture's going to count for J.P. Sadek as well, since I already posted my one good picture of him elsewhere when he played on the same riser with The Fortunate Sons. You can sort of see him there at the back, can't you?

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Rene, of Dead City Rebels and Four Frames fame.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Rock action!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Group rock action!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Just as I was scribbling something about being unable to find any news about the group's current whereabouts comes word of not one, but two, shows.
The first is at the Million Dollar Marxists and Turbo ACs show at Babylon, April 10.
The second is with up-and-coming singer-songwriter Steven Dall at Barrymore's April 22 ... headlining will be the sticky-fingered octopus of southern rock, White Cowbell Oklahoma.
Greg also tells me they've recruited Johhny Nash of South of 78 (and before that the Bitchin' Camaros and Triphammer) to play guitar and sing. I can almost hear someone shouting "Free Bird!" already ...

No comments: