Friday, March 11, 2005

Andrew! W! K!

Andrew W.K. may not be the most intellectually nutritious act around, but to hell with it: Accompanied by three guitarists, one bassist, one drummer and 2,000 screaming fans at Capital Music Hall, he put on a great show. His musicians are certainly pros, and you can't deny the man's enthusiasm. I think he follows in the footsteps of such over-the-top acts as Crazy World of Arthur Brown. Just without the flaming hat.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

I definitely saw the bassist Gumby-walking.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

This pose is mandatory.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

These men will play for hair-care products.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

One of my favourite pictures; the audience was invited on stage and carried AWK on their shoulders ... I like the guy with the handmade "I get wet" T-shirt at left.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"This music is good, because you like it!" he declared. And so they did.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Seems like as good a time as any to go crowd-surfing. I think the guy at bottom centre is thinking "Hey, someone's taking my picture!"

No comments: