Monday, March 07, 2005

In the kitchen

The Burnettes allegedly make "new wave country-kitchen pop." I prefer to say they are "woo-woo western doo-wop weirdos." Sure, they look abnormal, but actually they're strange.
Chris Burnette and Cora Aronoff, along with drummer Mung, cruised through Irene's on March 2 and entertained a small crowd of friends, family and unsuspecting innocents to a number of weird stream-of-thought lyrics (mostly sung by Cora - "I guess I fucked the horse I rode in on" went one particularly memorable line), fuzzed out melody lines from Chris and shambolic drumming from Mung. Cool but odd.

This picture of Cora would have been better if not for the dreaded Irene's post. Just like those bourgeois beer merchants to put holding up their ceiling ahead of my photographic cheeenius.

Images hosted by Photobucket.com

I close-cropped this picture of Chris for artistic reasons - i.e., my hand was all over the top of the photo. Barefoot guitar - it's the wave of the future.

Images hosted by Photobucket.com

Despite appearances, Mung has not nodded off mid-set. That skull? It's Flash Gordon's!

Images hosted by Photobucket.com

And here they are all together, plus somewhat underlit .. er, I mean tastefully moody shot of Chris and Cora.

Images hosted by Photobucket.com

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Definitely something different from this three.

No comments: