Monday, July 24, 2006

The power of one

As I approached The Rainbow I could see Saint Bernard of Love playing; they were the first band on an eclectic Sunday evening. Michael had Ryan from Books on Books and the Golden Famile and Bill and Damian from Expatriates helping out.



Next up. Collapsing Opposites. I last saw Ryan playing with They Shoot Horses Don't They at this very same venue. This time it was just him and a load of looping technology.



Relief Maps put on another lovely set, and with a minimum of string breakage to boot.



I'd say Ill Ease - aka Elizabeth Sharp from Brooklyn - is a bit like a one-woman Banditas. Like Ryan, she's big on the loops. She played a brief set to end the night.



I hadn't realized that she also played drums in New Radiant Storm King. She certainly is an excellent drummer, and not too shabby on guitar and bass.

No comments: