Friday, July 21, 2006

Dancing in the dusk

Feist's performance blended quite easily with Jason Collett's - a surprising number of people were on stage for both shows. Compared to her Capital Music Hall performance, I thought she was more controlled; there was less guitar fuzz, though her bouncy personality shone through. As before she looked smashing in white, prompting one audience member to yell that even her guitar tuning was sexy. "Thanks," said Julian Brown "but I'm not playing the guitar right now." A droll response which brought some chuckles since the guitarist and bassist isn't exactly the epitome of masculine beauty.

The lovely Leslie.





Bryden Baird toots his own horn.



Apostle of Hustle Julian mirrors the motion.



Shoot 'em up action!



Jason Collett in the least-surprising guest appearance ever. He didn't try to play the drums, though.



Alas I have no good pictures of drummer Jesse or Paso Mino guitarist Afie, but you get the idea.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ya gotta like the ageist spam:

• Between the ages of 22-35

Damn, and I was really looking forward to a free brand new multimedia smart phone, too.

A.C. said...

It's not so much the ageism as marketing twerps using my blog as a signboard that bugs me ...
I'll be disqualified in early August, so I'm zapping it.