Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Out of many

The Polytones top the list of bands I have strived to see, only to have my hopes crushed by scheduling conflicts. Well, make that topped - I finally had a chance to witness them in action Saturday at Zaphod Beeblebrox. Unfortunately Lesia Manchulenko's onstage twirling and bouncing lose something in the translation to digital, and my pictures of everyone else in the band with the exception of Tim MacKinnon stink, but at least it sounded good.

Lesia.



Ben Wilson, also of That's The Spirit, fisheyelens and Paperjack.



George Jennings, Tim and the notorious Zaphod's post.



I was momentarily thinking of captioning this photo "How did Lesia get up there?" but truth is my watchword ...



Brenda Bedford - next time, more flash.



Rhythm section action!



Singalong action!



Here's that non-stinking Tim photo I mentioned.



Tonal action!









The whole lot.



Their next show is at The Black Sheep Inn June 15 with Red Shag Carpet.

1 comment:

Merle Knurling said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.