Monday, May 08, 2006

Hey navigator

The BushPilots were another in a long line of local bands that I've mysteriously managed to avoid seeing; odd when you consider I'm a big fan of roots rock, and they do it well. I reviewed their debut album for the Ottawa Sun months ago, and liked it, so I'm glad the stars finally aligned and I managed to catch them at Barrymore's.

Vocalist Rob Bennett rocks seriously ...



... and not so seriously.



Guitarist Tom Gillon - his Aeroflot t-shirt matches the aviation theme, I guess.





Bassist Jeff Monette in a purple haze.



Kevin Smith and the obligatory not-very-good drummer picture - @$%&! stage smoke!



Country rock action!













Good2Go's Maureen Hogan showed up to sing the last song.





Their next show is June 2 at The Bayou.
  • Show reminder: Jake Bryce and Justin Rutledge perform at The Clocktower - this show was to be at The Whalesbone, but capacity issues have forced a move. Hunter Eves and Uncertain Soul play for free at Zaphod Beeblebrox; Neil Innes plays Barrymore's.

No comments: