Sunday, May 28, 2006

Caught and missed

A lovely Saturday, and there I was feeling under the weather. However, I've been jonesing to see The Polytones for many months and liked what I heard on The Coggs' debut CD, so I rose from my sickbed to catch them at Zaphod's.

First, The Watters Brothers - and yes, unlike my earlier show plug there are two Ts - a 1960s soul funk influence sprinkled with some modern nods, and a killer live show.



Then The Polytones - represented here by frontwoman Lesia Manchulenko and guitarist Ben Wilson.



And finally The Coggs - good show, but not so easy to focus a camera on a man dressed in black, with a black guitar and black shoes on a black background while the lights are low. Here's guitarist and singer Jeff Coghill.



Then I zipped over to Cafe DeKcuf to catch The Creeps (unfortunately I missed Sexhead, Le Volume Etait Au Maximum and A Dying Breed, who were also on the bill - next time, I hope!).



Music is good for what ails you - I actually feel much better. More pictures will of course appear later, complete with guest appearances and a wardrobe malfunction.

No comments: