Monday, July 25, 2005

The special guests

Jennifer O'Connor was the third act on the Kepler CD release show bill, and the second that I saw since work kept me late and I missed Colossal (darn it). I was expecting something quite different from a singer-songwriter. Her simple but well-worded melodic folk-rock certainly made for a juxtaposition with Robot Kill City. She has a voice that reminds me somewhat of another New Yorker, Cat Power. As much as I like Kepler and Robot Kill City, I have to say her style is one I prefer, and she and the band pulled it off really well on gear borrowed from the headliners.

Ms. O'Connor; I really can't say enough good things about her lyrics.



Bassist Len; we had a very brief chat after their set where he praised Ottawa's scene.



Drummer John had a somewhat frenetic style.



More Jennifer.



Hot singer-songwriter action!



Red Panda released The Colour and The Light on Red Panda in May, she also has a self-released EP and LP.

No comments: