Saturday, July 30, 2005

Evening Daydream

Thursday night I walked over to Club SAW to catch Ottawa space rockers Daydream Square, (who I last saw at Mavericks at the end of May), melodic post-rockers Parades Against Parades and Ottawa instrumental group My Dad vs Yours. All fine bands, neither one particularly like the other. I've been listening to Why Not Now? ... Alan! by Milwaukee's F/i of late, and I definitely detect some similarities, which I chalk up to shared influences. F/i's formula has been described as "Hawkwind + Blue Cheer + raw power electronics" - I'd say that goes for Daydream Square too, though they throw in some Stooges and ease up on the BC. First up were Daydream Square.

Kerry and Eric; flute and feedback for your listening pleasure.



Andrea engages in some leisurely keyboarding.



Michael taps some keys while Andrea handles the bass and vocal duties later in the set; she has a pretty singing voice, which makes for a an interesting juxtaposition with DS's occasionally raw sound.



Their next show is August 26 at the Avant-Garde Bar.
  • Show reminder: It may come a bit late, but Big Jeezus Truck and Damn 13 play The Dominion tonight.

No comments: