Friday, March 17, 2006

The great rock'n'roll Brindle

I would have liked to be a little more interested in Brindle; they were very good and Deb Suckling has a fine sultry voice. Their recorded work - which reminds me of Belly and Lush - sounded more conventional live than by rights it should. I think I would have liked them much more if I was still going through college. Nowadays I want a lot more racket in my music.

Deb Suckling has a lot of stage presence. Her hair made me think of Tintin.



Craig Spann, laconic Tele man.



Simon Walker: drums and all that.



Ben Moore - do not challenge this man to a limbo contest.



Really, he's one rock stance away from being recruited by The Fortunate Sons ... (and here it is).



"I'll just go over here a bit while she yells something ..."



Here's a nicer pic of Suckling in sweet-and-low mode. (Also larger - I like those sparkly tambourine bits!)



The ever-popular rock action.



One more of Deb ...



And all together (also larger togetherness).



Pretty engaging while they were on, but the other groups made a more lasting impression.

No comments: