Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Don't make me blue

I've just returned from the Danish showcase at Zaphod's. Fine performances from Kira and Her Kindred Spirits, The Figurines and The Blue Van. The latter in particular put on a wonderfully kinetic show, leaping about with abandon. I don't know if I'd buy a CD, but I'd definitely investigate a live DVD. Unfortunately, you won't see two-thirds of this (unless you were fortunate enough to be there) because my Pentax Super ME died on me after Kira and Co.'s set. I calculate I've taken more than 20,000 pictures with it in the last three years (about six rolls a week) so I can't say it hasn't done journeyman service. I feel fairly certain that at this point it would cost more to fix than replace, so I'm going to hie myself to Ginn sometime in the next week and make the leap to digital. At least now I know where my tax refund is going ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

your film output alone is worthy applause. i couldn't have ever shot that many rolls every week. good luck leaping into digital. i made the leap yesterday.

Pentax service manuals (if you're feeling adventurous or think all is lost anyway):
http://www.robertstech.com/pentax.htm