Saturday, March 04, 2006

Measure for measure

I'm busy changing the filing system for my pictures, from the "Lying in piles on my floor" system to the "Put in vaguely chronological order in boxes" method, and have come across some photos of Metric. Since they play tonight at the new Capital Music Hall (as they did last night, both to sold out crowds), I figured I'd post a few of them as they were on Dec. 6, 2003, opening for Broken Social Scene.

Emily Haines sends it out.



Guitarist Jimmy Shaw.



Bassist Josh Winstead; his sound got a lot of compliments in post-show audience chit chat.



Haines slides as drummer Joules Scott-Key taps away.



Measured action!



Look up there!



My shutter speed was really too slow on this picture, but the colours are nice.



Things really took off for them in the two years following this show.

No comments: