Saturday, December 10, 2005

Loki here

After the whacked out sounds of The Not-Cs, and The Valveenus' mix-n-match punk rock, Loki was a more straightforward loud-fast-hard outfit. Another band with a really thumping drummer. They may not have a plastic snowman that lights up, but they do have Senators jersies. So there!

It all makes me think of DOA's video for Taking Care of Business ...



Nick Chomyshyn holds down the low end and sings.



Phil Lalonde on guitar (despite my earlier reports to the contrary) ...



And Joe Lalonde - no relation - on drums. Joe was the most enthusiastic looking guy on stage that day!



One last picture. I took a bunch more ... before realizing I'd set the aperture several degrees too wide and would end up with nowt but a blurry mess.



As mentioned in the previous post, they play at Cafe DeKcuf Dec. 17.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was tempted to yell out "GO LEAFS GO" but I somehow restrained myself...

Anonymous said...

Actually, Phil plays guitar, and Joe is the drummer.

A.C. said...

D'oh! And I spoke to Phil to get the names just after the show too. One day I'll learn to read my own handwriting ... well, that's fixed now,