Saturday, December 17, 2005

In the running

Since my pictures of Steve St. Pierre are still in the camera, I bring you a blast from the past ... I've seen The Candidates twice. The first time around the Cambridge rockers were sporting jackets, ties and Ray-bans, and had their manager up to sing a Who cover. This was at Lucky Ron's/The Hi-Fi (I forget what it was called at that point). I bought one of their el cheapo shirts, so they must have been at least okay (the memory grows dim ...). Their Dominion set (Dec. 27, 2003) was better; they were a whole lot more active. Some hecklers were calling out for Guns'n'Roses covers ... the drummer stepped on my foot by accident and offered to buy me a drink. First time around their bass player handled most of the vocals, at The Dom their guitarist did most of the singing.

Stephen Parkinson has the rock jump thing down pat.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Adam Thompson, Neil MacDonald and Vince Wardell on lead guitar, lead bass and lead drums.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

From the other side of the stage.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

They called it a day about a year after this set; currently Steve and Neil are making a go of it in The Machines.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Andrew.

When someone unexpectedly started shooting photos at my gig at the Avant-Garde on Thursday, I hadn't a clue what was happening. Glad to know it was you, and am looking forward to the results. Appreciate what you're doing for the local scene.

High five,
Steve
stevestpierre.com