Friday, June 02, 2006

Grand old party

Normally with these little teaser posts I say "I just got back from blah, blah, blah ..." Not tonight. I did see The Most Serene Republic, but since I rushed over to Zaphod's straight from work I've actually just been eating some microwaved meatloaf. Ugh. Anyway, a late day meant I missed Jetplanes of Abraham - again! On the bright side this time I didn't walk out before the headliner went on stage. The Republic has six members, too many to capture all in one picture - particularly when there's actually seven of them (bassist Simon Lukasewich has joined Adrian Jewett, Ryan Lenssen, Nick Greaves, Andrew McArthur, Adam Nimmo and Emma Ditchburn) so here's a couple of thrilling action shots to make up for the fact I missed JOA.





Fun show! I used a lot of shutter speed and flash futzing, so the pictures will look appropriately twisted when I post them sometime Saturday; you may even be able to make everyone out. This is all you get today, though. So:
  • Show reminder: Clark and Flotilla play the Black Sheep Inn; The Coggs continue their Rainbow residency.

No comments: