Sunday, April 30, 2006

Here be monsters

Bloodshot Bill's one-man trashabilly got a boost on Wednesday from standup bassist Johnny Montreal (normally seen wearing skullface makeup in The Brains) and a special guest appearance from - well, read and look on ...

Ol' Bloodshot. One of these pictures is from early in the show, and one is late - you can see Bill's pompadour has suffered somewhat.





Johnny has the stripes, the coffin shape and the girl painted on his bass - it's like the deluxe model, ya dig?





And here's special guest Gerard Van Herk, to sing his Deja Voodoo smash hit Monsters in My Garage. It really had the crowd fired up.



As you can see I was kneeling right down front - this meant that when Van Herk stepped off the stage he almost stepped right into my camera. I am glad to report that I did not almost nail an icon of Canadian independent music in the nads. That would have been embarrassing.



"I took your woman!"



The bloody and brainy duo!



Inimitable as ever.

No comments: