Saturday, February 11, 2006

Hubcaps and trash bags

Last night I zipped over to the Avant-Garde Bar to catch the last half-dozen songs of Skytone's set; they sounded great and their was a good turnout. I suspect I'll return to the Avant-Garde tonight to catch Rhume and Flecton. Since I haven't finished off the roll of film in my camera, here's a blast from the past: Bloodshot Bill at Irene's.
Always a high-energy performance from Bloodshot Bill, either with or without his Hubcaps. I've seen him three times at The Dominion (that I recall ...) and once at Barrymore's - a great show with his breakfast rap being a particular standout.
"Would you like home fries or French fries?"
"HOME FRIES?!? Bring me French fries, dammit! I'm from Quebec!"
I recall this was an triple bill with The Glads and last minute addition Ruth's Hat.

Bloodshot Bill wants you! Or maybe he wants to give me the finger. One of the two.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Bill in his best trash bags and leopard print, while Kit Kat continues in the proud tradition of barefoot performers at Irene's. Katie's moved to Ottawa now, and can be seen rocking at local shows (in fact, if you go to the Birdman Sound site and chase down pictures of Starvin Hungry's May 22, 2004, Dominion show you can see her in the picture with Scott Mucklow on guitar).

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Don in motion. One-two, one-two.

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

No doubt there will also be some oddball behaviour on display tonight as well.

No comments: