Monday, February 20, 2006

Give 'em what they want

I wish I could say I enjoyed Pony Up! more than I did, because they put on a fine show. Unfortunately they seemed like the poor cousin after Spiral Beach's antics. They just aren't rock-'em, sock-'em stage performers. Their act does have some muscle to it, but their real strength is in the songs' melodies and lyrics. If they'd gone on before their opening acts they would have made a much better impression.

Laura Wills on keyboards.



Sarah Moundroukas sings as well - that's Lisa J. Smith on bass at left.



Lindsay Wills - Laura's older sister.



Singalong action!



Faceoff action!



And even more singing from Lisa J.



They're working on a new EP; I definitely want to see them again - but with a different bunch of acts, ones that don't overwhelm them.

No comments: