Sunday, August 23, 2009

Knockout

I had another late night at work, but things either got off to a slow start at Babylon or I'm starting to bicycle faster in my old age because I got there in time for all of Brutal Knights' set in addition to the headlining Sedatives.

As expected of a Brutal Knights set, there was plenty of moshing, punks pawing Flanagan and carrying him away, Flanagan stripping down to his underwear, many broken guitar strings (necessitating not one but two guitar changes) and lots of idiot savant hardcore.

Brutal Knights at Babylon
Brutal Knights, Babylon, August 22, 2009

The Sedatives also played a hot set, albeit with less audience craziness and fewer broken guitar strings. Their new LP is out on P.Trash in Europe and Deranged in North America. I'd have bought it if I hadn't already snagged a copy at the Visitors show two days before.

Sedatives at Babylon
Sedatives, Babylon, August 22, 2009

That done, the furious foursome head to Europe for a tour starting Sept. 2.

No comments: