Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Bluesfest: Mastodon

I'm not sure why, but in my late 30s I started listening to a lot of heavy metal - before then the only band in the genre I'd had much time for was Motorhead. Nowadays I've got a collection that runs from Abrahma to Yob. And among the many bands that I've become keen on is Mastodon. The prog lovingmetal behemoth landed on the River stage to finish off Bluesfest's final Saturday and played a great set.

Fuzzy - in more ways than one - action with  Brent Hinds and Troy Sanders!

Mastodon at Ottawa Bluesfest 2012

Brian Kelliher rocks the Les Paul!

Mastodon at Ottawa Bluesfest 2012

Extra Troy!

Mastodon at Ottawa Bluesfest 2012

Yeah, the photos were basically all horrid so here's the last one!

Mastodon at Ottawa Bluesfest 2012

They've already got a few dates for this year's festival season, all overseas.

No comments: