Wednesday, October 06, 2010

No Men, no SLR

I was feeling pretty light on Wednesday, July 14. That's because I was heading off to Bluesfest with only my little point-and-shoot Fujifilm Finepix FR200 EXR. It's quite a decent little camera, but it lacks some of the telephoto capabilities of my 300mm SLR lens. That didn't make much difference for the first show of the day when I reacquainted myself with the fine roots music of Capital Grass and the No Men. They always make me think of Elliott Brood, perhaps because the first (and only previous) time I saw them at Club SAW they were a three-piece with a banjo. This time around they had their regular complement , which has since expanded to include a keyboardist.

That would be Chris McGuire, at left, with frontman Matt Gower.

Capital Grass & The No-Men

Bassist Rob Hanlon was elsewhere engaged last time.

Capital Grass & The No-Men

Guitarist Wayne Coulis is looking very sunlit.

Capital Grass & The No-Men

As is drummer Darcy McGuire.

Capital Grass & The No-Men

Matt sings!

Capital Grass & The No-Men

Capital action!

Capital Grass & The No-Men

And, er, that's it because I wanted to run off to the Black Sheep tent to see Bassekou Kouyate and Ngoni Bah.

No comments: