Friday, October 01, 2010

The Moneen after

Moneen were putting on a very enthusiastic performance when I wandered over from watching The Aggrolites. I like all the jumping about from a visual point of view, but can't say their actual music was making me a fan. Screamo isn't really my favourite genre and there are a few locals who do it better anyway.

Kenny Bridges sings!

Moneen at Ottawa Bluesfest 2010

Kenny twirls! It's a tribute to the band's athleticism (and the declining light) that most of the photos I took of them are a bit out of focus.

Moneen at Ottawa Bluesfest 2010

Chris "Hippy" Hughes sings!

Moneen at Ottawa Bluesfest 2010

Erik Hughes handles the low end.

Moneen at Ottawa Bluesfest 2010

Chris and a mostly obscured Kenny jump about!

Moneen at Ottawa Bluesfest 2010

Erik sings!

Moneen at Ottawa Bluesfest 2010

Hair-shaking action! Plus drummer Steve Nunnaro.

Moneen at Ottawa Bluesfest 2010

More Steve!

Moneen at Ottawa Bluesfest 2010

One last shouty bit!

Moneen at Ottawa Bluesfest 2010

So my eyeballs give them an A-, but my ears only go for a C+ ... your results may differ, etc.

No comments: