Wednesday, August 24, 2005

XP

The six-act lineup at the Avant-Garde Bar on Saturday was certainly a diverse one in terms of approach. Here's the first three acts: Paris Hilton (a team up between Akisakila and if then do), Crystal Eagles (the nom de noise of Fluorescent Friends' Christie Watson) and Christina Carter of Charalambides fame.

Paris Hilton. If this gang has any sex videos, they can keep them to themselves.



Unfortunately I failed to capture the full glory of their Tinkerbell cutout.



There were some interesting moments and some floor-shaking low end, but I have to say I've enjoyed shows by if then do and Akisakila more.
Crystal Eagles made his noise by manipulating various looped noises and feed back. He also brought a couple of glowing, blinking things. I don't know if they added anything to the music, but extra points for presentation.



Feedback at work.



I only got one good picture of Ms. Carter (actually, Ms. Madonia these days) as she used slide, delay and her lovely voice.



I prefer the work of Charalambides but it was still good.

No comments: