Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Ladies night out, Part I

On Friday, Aug. 12, I went to the Ladyfest Fundraiser at Mavericks. The place was pretty full, which ruled out taking any shots of the first band, Searching For Chin. I missed The Wolfnote, who came and went before I arrived.
SFC sounded pretty good, though it was more of the screaming post-rock influenced punk music that I'm not too fond of.
The Van Johnson came on and had a bit of a mini-disaster when the bass player broke a string. They didn't really pick up momentum, screaming their way through a few more songs before they had to make way for The Million Dollar Marxists. I'll have to see them again before I can pass fair judgment. Here's the limited photographic evidence (not counting a picture of the bassist's feet and the side of somebody's head ...): The band's guitarist and the bassist-singer (not necessarily in that order).





They were pretty active on stage though, which is always nice. I'll have to grab a few shots of the drummer and second guitarist next time they play ...

No comments: