Friday, June 24, 2005

An 'Arrowing experience

The Red Arrows play guitar-heavy pop music combining 1970s powerpop with some 90s alt-rock. The lyrics have an occasional political subtext. I thought they were good, though some of the rhymes were a little on the obvious side.

Guitarist and vocalist Brahm Gawdan had a somewhat shouty singing style that suited the lyrics quite well.



Bassist Braydon Potter in stage light; I took a bunch of pictures before I realized I didn't have my glasses on - if the pictures look a little out-of-focus, that's why.



Drummer Glenn Zysanski.



The other guitarist and backing vocalist Chris Seiler: "Our CDs used to be $10 ... are now $5 .. will soon be $3 ...."



Some shutter speed fooling about.



And group shot entertainment.



I actually preferred them to the Ladies and Gentlemen, the band they were opening for - not a question of songwriting or musical ability, more a matter of taste.

No comments: