In Harshey's case I went to their practice space and snapped few pictures while they lounged on the couch and practiced. I may post them some time, but only after I've had a few stiff drinks.
As for the pictures of the Marxists, taken at the release party for their CD on Gearhead Records at Babylon, Sept. 18, 2004: They rocked out as they always do, but someone spilled their beer on my camera just before their headlining stint; someone rearranged Babylon's lighting and molested the disco ball; the audience was rambunctious, thus:
- 79% of the pictures were out of focus;
- 13% of the pictures featured bassist Johnny Genome drinking, bleeding, or both;
- 64% of the pictures featured singer Luke on top of sound equipment/gear/another band member;
- 23% of the pictures featured drummer Tommy attempting to play while Luke was standing on him;
- 2% of the pictures featured guitarist Steve. I would have taken more, but there was a big scary audience between me and him.
The Marxists are playing with The Turbo ACs ("and more," says punkottawa.com) at Babylon April 10.