Saturday, October 08, 2005

Disaster area

The Soft Disaster are one of those local bands I found myself never getting around to see. I've caught Jeff Debutte playing with The Acorn but for some reason there was always something else to do whenever they had a gig. Well they opened for Lou Barlow on a balmy Tuesday (Oct. 4, to be precise)so no more excuses! I really like their pop music, which features some uncommonly muscular guitar playing, good dual vocals and a solid (and fairly new) rhythm section.

Jeff Debutte grimaces emphatically.



Tim Brownlee gets on down.



That new rhythm section: Nic Paradis and Bryce Colenbrander.



Disastrous action!



More disastrous action!



Oh, and a picture of Tim I screwed up so badly it's art. Or a disaster. One of the two.



They allege an EP will appear in spring and promise to play around Ottawa regular-like. Spiffy.

No comments: