Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Really Red

With the notion to return to the Black Sheep Stage stuck in my head I took a circular journey past the Subway Stage, pausing only to snap a few shots of Louisiana Red and of course to listen to a few songs. If blues is biography, he's a heck of a bluesman. Mother dead when he was but a babe, father lynched by the KKK, an early career recording with Chess and playing with John Lee Hooker, and more than 50 albums to date since his first in 1963.

Louisiana Red at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

I admire his harp player's hairdo - if I'm not mistaken this is Bob Corritore.

Louisiana Red at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

Goldtop action!

Louisiana Red at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

More Red.

Louisiana Red at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

Those horns get around.

Louisiana Red at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009

Then off I went to see the Deep Dark Woods.

No comments: