Sunday, May 01, 2005

This is the future

The Russian Futurists played the first set of the night at the Caribou show April 27; I liked their electronic Beach Boys sound quite a bit. Matthew Adam Hart is the Futurists' main man; he drafts in other players for live shows. Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea who's who (scratch that - Hart just e-mailed me the names ... thanks, eh!). The band's on an extensive live tour with Caribou right now.

Matthew Hart is electro-harmony pop fan from the waist up - machine from the waist down!



Some double-decker keyboard action from Scott Farmer.



In the future, everyone will be much blurrier; James Leroux is at left.



Knob-twisting fun! Shawn Ostapchuk is at right.



Four men and a bedsheet. This was one seriously cable-tangled stage.



They reminded me of the High Llamas, with a bit of Magnetic Fields or Future Bible Heroes. Of the three bands playing that night I liked them the best.

No comments: