Wednesday, May 11, 2005

'Round Midnight

When I walked into Zaphod's the first thing I noticed was that a lot of the crowd was French Canadian - I figured this meant the opener for The Sick Fits at Zaphod's May 6 was from la belle province, and indeed Midnight Tramp are from Chicoutimi. They have a pub rock sound and did a couple of blues covers: Dust My Broom and Red House. I would rate them as okay; they loosened up a little on stage after the first few songs, but never really took off.

Max Desrosiers on guitar.



Moe Sparks on bass and vocals; Pete Clark at back. Some very solid drumming from Clark- I'm not sure I'd end every song with a cymbal crash, though ...



Hugo Love strikes a pose.



Hot tramp!



And all together.



The band released a 7-inch on Zaxxon Virile Action late last year and have a CD ...
  • Show reminder: Nick Danger plays the Aloha tonight; I hear nothing but good things about his debut CD. A rockabilly- and surf-influenced band with some modern sounds under the hood, I gather. At Zaphod's, The London Apartments - who are actually from London, of all places - The Heist and Saint Bernard of Love (aided and abbetted by a few worthless humans ... or is that The Worthless Humans?) perform. I understand from head Bernard Michael D. Wieland they'll be taking a Casio-pop approach to their songs on this occasion.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrew

Great site! Could you drop me a line sometime.

Nick Danger
nick_danger@rn.com