Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Valley of the Dall

Steven Dall seems like a bit of a strange opener for White Cowbell Oklahoma, but he was a nice middle act between The Longtimers and WCO - and he does have a cowboy hat ... His set was a bit of a breather, if you will, between the two heavier acts. He opened with a low-key acoustic song, aided by Fred Guignion on lap steel (actually, it was on a stand, but you know ...).

Steven Dall is not going to let go of that microphone stand. Is it just me, or is he wearing PJ bottoms?



Fred, a little later in the show.



The Department of Foreign Affairs backed him for all but that first tune. I told myself this picture of Brennan Pilkington wouldn't work out ... glad to see I was wrong.



Rob Skitmore was really getting down on guitar later on the show, but by then I was headed for the door to grab some extra film, since I'd stupidly forgotten to buy any extra rolls after the C'mon/Double Pumpers/Iron Giant show. Not that there's anything wrong with this picture.



Kosta McKay has a healthy infernal glow thanks to Barrymore's stage lighting.



Joe Skuce looks like he's enjoying himself.



Steven Dall dubbed Chris Teasdale "The Beard" during roll call. Er, okay.



G'night folks.



Dall reminded me a bit of Paul Kelly; moody music with an ecstatic edge and a hefty dose of rock'n'roll.

No comments: