Sunday, April 24, 2005

Pump up the volume

The ever-rockin' Double Pumpers once again rocked out hard'n'heavy as they bridged the gap between Iron Giant's big bum stoner doom and C'mon's rawk. I thought they sounded particular good at this show. But then I think that at every show.

A picture of Damien Sawka yelling into a microphone. I know, I've never taken one of those before ...



Paul "Yogi" Granger and his very big kick drum.



Dave Martendale unleashes the rock power of pure masonite. I understand Danelectro is back in business, too.



A Double Pumpers doubleshot.



The Pumpers, plus the back of various people's heads.



In other DP news, the band has a show with The Fiftymen, Mighty Eagle Band, a slightly incongruous Janice Hall and Yogar and the Hill People (hmm ... is this a Yogi and The Lunatics pseudonym? Answers on a postcard please ...) May 21 at Babylon. Dave Aardvark will be ghost selecting.

No comments: