Thursday, April 28, 2005

More Cowbell!

... And you just new that post title was coming, didn't you?
First, I said I'd serve up a better Clem picture (or did I .. to hell with it!), so here he is, along with the Sergeant and a spark-shootin' Chainsaw Charlie.



White Cowbell are big on audience participation, whether it's asking them to sing "Put The South In Your Mouth" in Dutch (a tour of The Netherlands is imminent ... can Amsterdam survive?), or, as you are about to see, playing slide guitar with the Pyrex on ... well, let's just say Hollis gets a little help from both four nubile young audience members and "Hollis Jr."

First Chainsaw Charlie selects some assistants from the audience. It used to be two, but now that Hollis uses an Ibanez doubleneck, four are required. The more the merrier, I always say.



Preparation is very important when you're going to play guitar with your johnson (and I don't mean the Big Sugar guy either ...). In this photo Hollis Jr. has been sanitized for your protection and replaced via the latest censoring technology in case you're viewing this blog at work.



But this picture hasn't! Not that you can see much (just because of the angle ... no offence Hollis!) but click that link at work and you're a goner.

Isn't it nice that Hollis made some new friends?



Ahem. Does the debauchery stop there? Of course not ... apart from requesting "Nine shots of tequila to the stage!" the act features ... animal sacrifice!!! Well, stuffed animal sacrifice. Here Tigger goes to meet his maker ... ripped to shreds by the fans. Does this qualify as a catfight?



I saw one of the ladies wear the tiger's head as a hat later on. I never knew there were so many foam pellets in one of those things.
Of course, it's not a rock show without jumping, is it? Here's Cousin, airborne.



It gets crowded on that stage; here's another Sgt. Rock picture, with people and guitar headstocks coming in from all over, and just about everywhere.



Big finish! Sparks, guitar hoisting, stage-diving, cousin-kissing, etc.



"Wait a minute!"
"Yes?"
"You took pictures at a White Cowbell Oklahoma show and didn't photograph any naked chicks?!?!"
"Well ... I thought I had three more rolls of 800 ISO film ... then I realized I was out, so I zipped home to pick up a pair of old rolls, which is why some of these pictures are so crappy, and then I ran out of film ..."
"You .. ran out of film ... before Chainsaw Charlie bribed those two hotties into going topless?!?!?!"
"In a word: Yes."
(A well-deserved beating ensues.)
I promise that next time White Cowbell Oklahoma comes to town there will be naked girly pictures. I'm not promising I won't charge, mind you .... Add White Cowbell Oklahoma to your must-see file. Great music and a great time.
  • Show reminder: Motorhead. Capital Music Hall. 'Nuff said.

1 comment:

Irzan said...

Hey ... thanks for visiting my blog .. i got your link from the referring pages ... nice job at your blog! Keep up the good work... maybe we can link each other someday ... :)

Cheerio...