Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Bluesfest: Blue Rodeo

As everyone knows, Blue Rodeo have become Bluesfest tradition. Although I know they've missed a year or two, it seems like they've always been on the bill. Perhaps that's why I never bothered to check them out for more than a song or two - they'll be here next year, right? Anyway, after a decade of avoiding them (even passing on some tickets to a show at Scotiabank Place I'd won in a raffle), I finally caught something close to a full set. Of course, several thousand did the same, so the few photos I took are from some distance away ...

Blue action!

Blue Rodeo at Ottwa Bluesfest 2011

I said they were far away, right?

Blue Rodeo at Ottawa Bluesfest 2011

On the other hand, the telephoto on my point-and-shoot is quite good for such a compact bit of gear.

Blue Rodeo at Ottawa Bluesfest 2011

More in the monitors, please!

Blue Rodeo at Ottawa Bluesfest 2011

And, er, that's it. No word of activity from the band as a whole of late, but no doubt they'll be out on the road again sooon ... might another Bluesfest appearance lurk in their future?!?
  • Show reminder: The Sheepdogs and Monster Truck roll into Ritual for a predictably sold-out show. Things go bleep at Zaphod's as Encephalon brings the techno; Morgan Cameron Ross and Amanda Cottreau play the Elmdale Tavern. Social Butterfly flits into the Rainbow.

No comments: