Saturday, March 05, 2011

Things to do March 5

I swear that one day I'll get around to posting those Jimmyriggers photos I've been holding in reserve, but first, since I haven't seen much new about it I'm going to pint out that Monobrow and Flying Fortress are performing tonight at Cafe DeKcuf. Here's a photo of heavyweight power trio Monobrow performing at Zaphod's to jog your memory.

Monobrow at Zaphod Beeblebrox
Monobrow at Zaphod Beeblebrox, December 1, 2010

As for Flying Fortress, they're the two-thirds of Goathorn that did not go on to form Cauldron. Performing below them at Mavericks is Land Of Talk, who will be accompanied by Valleys. I've seen Land of Talk twice and they've been super both times. Here's a shot from their Bluesfest gig in July 2009.

Land of Talk at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009
Land of Talk at Bluesfest, July 12, 2009

I'd better post another since I barely posted any of them the last time.

Land of Talk at Ottawa Bluesfest 2009
Land of Talk at Bluesfest, July 12, 2009

If you're in a more straight-ahead rocking mood you should head off to Irene's and check out  Good2Go and New Car Smell.

Good2Go at Ottawa Bluesfest
Good2Go at Bluesfest, July 8, 2010

If you fancy being stuck in a small room with some punks, then 654 Maclaren is the place to be, with sets from Mistake Makers, Dead Weights, Police Funeral and Lost Youth. I'd post a picture of Dead Weights but I think I've already used every last one. As for Brainhunter, Move Your Mountain and The Start (appearing at Zaphod Beeblebrox tonight), I haven't seen any of them. Brainhunters' Myspace tracks sound so brain-dead I might have to change that. DoubleDouble and Wicked Grin are performing at The Rainbow; Ball And Chain’s are holding their Mardi Gras Party at the Elmdale with Swamperella.

No comments: