Saturday, February 06, 2010

Around the sun

November was a slow month for me; not only were the shows few and far between, my Nikon D90 once again went on the fritz, forcing me to revert to my Olympus E-500. I went off to Mavericks on November 21 to see some heavy metal. Priestess was making one of their periodic jaunts through town, but best of all they brought Early Man with them. Montreal metal-punks Trigger Effect were also along for the ride. Unfortunately my E-500 does not function as well in low light as my D90, and all my flashless photos turned out cruddy (you can go to my Flickr photostream in you want to see the gruesome evidence firsthand).

So let's start with a flash ... I had it set to black and white, since monochrome photos tend to work out better without flash and I forgot to change my settings.

Trigger Effect at Mavericks

Oops!  lets just turn that back to colour ... there we go. Patrick Bennett on flying V, Nick Babeau on vocals, Jordan Brown on guitar, Mike Niro on drums and Sergio Da Silva on bass.

Trigger Effect at Mavericks

Nick is a good audience baiter-and-banterer.

Trigger Effect at Mavericks

Mike hits!

Trigger Effect at Mavericks

Jordan and Sergio action!

Trigger Effect at Mavericks

Gripping action!

Trigger Effect at Mavericks

Jordan bends!

Trigger Effect at Mavericks

Shouty action!

Trigger Effect at Mavericks

And that's it, because it was a short sharp set.

No comments: