Tuesday, July 07, 2015

Noise and toys

Back to a couple of Fridays ago and the Ottawa Explosion: Inside we go to Club SAW and Ottawa's favourite Montreal pop-punkers, Sonic Avenues. I think I've heaped enough praise and taken enough photos of this particular outfit to skip the formalities, even though it's been a couple of years since I actually caught them live, at the release show for the Steve Adamyk Band's Third.

Sonic Avenues at Club SAW

Gripping action!

Sonic Avenues at Club SAW

J.C. hits!

Sonic Avenues at Club SAW

Chance rocks the Ric.

Sonic Avenues at Club SAW

Singalong action!

Sonic Avenues at Club SAW

The whole lot!

Sonic Avenues at Club SAW

Punkers Hysterese played next, and they may hold the record for longest distance travelled to get to the Ottawa Explosion; they came all the way from Tubingen, Germany.

DSC_0311

Guitar action!

Hysterese at Club SAW

More guitar action!

Hysterese at Club SAW

Good male-female vocals from these guys-and-gal.

DSC_0316

Plenty of pictures of the bassist's back ...

Hysterese at Club SAW

I didn't stick around to long since I wanted to catch some of Whoop-Szo's set at the Avant-Garde; they played a great set at Pressed a short while ago and I was glad to hear them again, this time with all members present and accounted for.

Whoop-Zo at Avant-Garde Bar

Kristin Palm is back from the north.

Whoop-Zo at Avant-Garde Bar

Unfortunately I only caught a song or two, so I zipped back to see if I could hear any of The Creeps' set, which I did; needless to say a lot of folks beat me there.

The Creeps at Club SAW

Another act I didn't want to miss: Petra Glynt, who put on a dynamite set at the Dominion Tavern as part of the Megaphono festival in February.

Petra Glynt at Avant-Garde Bar

Alexandra hits!

Petra Glynt at Avant-Garde Bar

I returned to Club SAW to check out the evening's indoor headliners, Toys That Kill. They're another far-travelling band, making the trip all the way from San Pedro, California. Here's bassist Chachi Ferrara and guitarist Sean Cole!

Toys That Kill at Club SAW

Todd Congelliere sings!

Toys That Kill at Club SAW

Sean sings!

Toys That Kill at Club SAW

Denis Fleps hits!

Toys That Kill at Club SAW

Extra Todd!

Toys That Kill at Club SAW

The crowd goes wild!

Toys That Kill at Club SAW

Fisheye action!

Toys That Kill at Club SAW

Several of the Toys guys are also in Underground Railroad to Candyland, and were back on stage Saturday.

No comments: