Saturday, October 01, 2011

Bluesfest: PS I Love You

PS I Love You played a much-admired set at Mavericks in April. I have to say I enjoyed them a lot more indoors than outdoors. Perhaps their opening acts contributed to the uplift back then, or perhaps the National Bank Stage's soundsytem wasn't right for their fuzz and din. This was still a good set, but I didn't stick around as long as I might have.

Paul preps!

PS I Love You at Ottawa Bluesfest 2011

Benjamin keeps his head down.

PS I Love You at Ottawa Bluesfest 2011

The whole lot!

PS I Love You at Ottawa Bluesfest 2011

Guitar action!

PS I Love You at Ottawa Bluesfest 2011

Paul sings!

PS I Love You at Ottawa Bluesfest 2011

Tongue action!

PS I Love You at Ottawa Bluesfest 2011

The other side of Paul.

PS I Love You at Ottawa Bluesfest 2011

Bonus Benjamin!

PS I Love You at Ottawa Bluesfest 2011

Reflective action!

PS I Love You at Ottawa Bluesfest 2011

And some final Paul.

PS I Love You at Ottawa Bluesfest 2011

Then it was off to see Girl Talk. They have a show coming up at Mavericks Wednesday with Suuns and Valleys.
  • Show reminder: The Stogies light up at Zaphod's; Dog Day put on an impromptu early show at 137 McLeod. Ginger St. James, The Sin Sisters and Marie-Josee Houle will shake and squeeze at the Rainbow as part of the O-Town Hoedown's closing weekend. The Hammerheads get funky at Irene's; Capital Grass and The No Men, Jon Laurie Beaumont and Tindervox perform at The Elmdale; Winnipeg's Justin Lacroix Band, Farewell Davidson and Gabriel Bouchard are at the Avant-Garde. Stone Sparrows, Claude Munson and The Storm Outside, and Train Jumpers play Atomic Rooster.

No comments: