Monday, July 18, 2005

Travellin' band

Twenty-four hours later then expected, here are Saturday's pictures (except for The New York Dolls, who will arrive a little later).
First up was Daniella Cotton; a very attractive rocking blues singer. Here she gives the crowd some singalong instructions. "I'm here to school ya!"



Her bassist's name is Winston - which may be why I remembered it.



And a little more Daniella.



I didn't get any pictures of her drummer, but I do recall he had a sporty red mohawk.

Next up, globetrotting Tena Palmer, a folky act with some minimalist accompaniment from a standup bassist and guitar player. Dan Artuso and John Geggie I believe, though I won't swear to it.



And here they are!



Kind of similar looking, actually.



Keren-Ann has relocated to New York from Paris, and plays a sort of dreamy noir folk.



Her accompanist launches into a sizzling vibraphone solo!



Anyway, they were more of an appetizer for the main event: Calexico and The New York Dolls.

No comments: