Monday, July 11, 2005

Oh my Lord!

As I've said earlier, when Dave Aardvark played a Lords of Vanier track on Friday Morning Cartunes, July 1, I thought to myself "Hmm, the vocalist sounds a bit like Damien Sawka ... he can't have gotten into another band!!!" Well, the mysterious Lords took to The Aloha's stage (okay, they stood by the entranceway) July 6, and yes, Damien is officially in band No. 7 ... or is it No. 8? Bedecked in an Iron Maiden T-shirts, Damien, Paul "Yogi" Granger and Jody from The Hi Lo Trons (who I totally failed to recognize with his hair cut short) unleashed the teenage metalhead within. Well, the Deep Purple, Uriah Heap loving teenage metalhead, anyway. (Update: This post was edited July 29, 2008.)

Damien - everyone looks so nice in floodlights ...



I even managed to get a good photo of Yogi!



Jordy Walker and some canine oversight.



And all together, plus a bunch of 16th notes (not pictured).



And a good bounced flash of Yogi and Jordy.



They already have a swell-sounding five-song CD, shirts, and an opening slot for The Illuminati at Zaphod's July 20 (From Fiction is also on the bill).

No comments: